Okay so now to write about this week. Seriously this week in class has influenced me a lot. We talked about ... Relationships! Honestly I loved learning about this stuff in previous semesters, but now that I'm actually dating someone, it has been kind of scary. There are so many theories about love, relationships and how they work, it's sometimes overwhelming. The book talked about different things that initially attract us to someone. Like physical attraction and similarities. And the funny thing is that I didn't get drawn in by some of those things when I got into a relationship. In fact me and my boyfriend were polar opposites. So I was worried that since there were not these things it meant that I wasn't as attached to him. Also in class we learned about Oxytocin, which was the hormone chemical that makes you feel attached to someone. Apparently only women have this hormone. So I was worried that I was not releasing this chemical with him and that's why I felt like I didn't know him. Now I know that I shouldn't have worried so much. But pretty much this lesson made me feel very pensive about whether my relationship was built on a right foundation or not. Then the next class we talked about the Relationship Attachment Model which pretty much said that when you break the touch barrier you get attachment even though you don't know the person.
So that's how I got my answer of why I was nervous about my relationship and felt like I didn't know him. We had broken the touch barrier on the first date and it just made the whole thing complicated.I'm sharing this with you because I don't want anyone else make that mistake. My suggestion would be to get to know the person you are dating before you decide to snuggle with them, hold hands, or kiss them.
.gif)
No comments:
Post a Comment