Sociological theory of same gender attraction
Last week I forgot to post something. But I feel like it was a really good week and I have to comment before summarizing this current week. Last week we discussed same gender attractions. This subject has always been a touchy subject for me. I've always been very loving towards people who struggle with that. I feel that there are many people from my faith that are not as understanding and it bugs me. So I was scared that the lessons in my class were going to be harsh. But the opposite happened. In actuality Brother Williams approached it sociologically. It all surprisingly made sense. He talked about how sometimes if a child is different we end up over analyzing the situation and socializing them to be more different. For example if a little boy like to play with dolls, his parents might freak out and make him play only sports and later they might treat him like he was gay. A forceful experience like this would make him change. Instead we should treat our child like nothing is wrong. If your son wants to play with dolls then make him play the boy and you play the girl doll. I just really enjoyed this discussion and I thought it was a really interesting theory to study. Of course I do believe there are exceptions to this theory but I do believe it can explain a lot.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment